Sunday, July 5, 2009

Looking, looking, looking....


Hello. My name is Erin and I am looking for someone.


Let me explain:
I am currently in Vancouver, BC, participating in a project called "The only thing I know for sure is that while I am looking for you, you are looking for me." The premise is simple. Two strangers are set loose in a city with a common goal. They are both looking for eachother. We don't know anything about eachother, not gender, name, age or nationality. Neither of us are very familiar with Vancouver. We have one month to wander the metro-van area in search of eachother using any means possible.

The master mind and organizer behind this project is the cleverly creative Robin Lambert.

So, where do I start?

I arrived in Van on July 1st, got settled into my apartment and strolled around the city in search of Canada Day firedworks.Since then I have been putting adds on Craigslist, Kijiji, bcclassifieds.com, as well as in the Georgia Strait and WestEnder news papers. I've also created a group on Facebook called Looking for you, and now this blog. I got the blog idea from the book I am reading called "Sleeping naked in green" by Vanessa Farquharson. (It's highly amusing. I recomend it!! http://www.greenasathistle.com/) Anyways, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and see what happens. Plus I've been telling people I have met about the project, and many have said that they would like to follow it and see what comes of this great escapade. So here you go.

I've made up some posters and have been plastering them wherever I may wander. I have noticed that they pretty much get covered up instantly by other poster-ers, so I've decided keep a postering path around the main streets in downtown area and maybe (fingers crossed) mystery person may stumble across one in his or her search. I've gotten a few hits from my Kijiji add, but mostly from crazy people and a lonely kiwi guy.


Also, just to make things fun, I got home from a mega city hike on Friday and found an eviction notice taped to the door of my subleted apartment. It's a wonderful day in my gaybourhood! This wee issue is supposed to be sorted out tomorrow. I'll keep you updated and hopefully I won't be found sleeping in the streets!







4 comments:

  1. Erin, what beautiful action of curiosity and wonder. I'm looking forward to reading about your experience.

    PS - Thanks for introducing me to Patrick Watson -- so haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll narrow it down for you, Erin. It's not me. Cause I'm, like, in Edmonton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intrigued I must say! I wish I could join you on this fun adventure, but I will settle for blogstocking you. All the best, I wish you well. hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll find someone on the beach....yes, that's where. Good luck! Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete