Monday, July 6, 2009

Crisis averted!


I can put away my cardboard box. Robin called me this morning to say the rent check has been re-issued and I still have a place to hang my hat and store my shoes. Excellent. Although it may have made for an interesting twist to this whole thing.

Today is grey and rainy, and I am being really lazy about getting out of my bed since I discovered the stollen intermitten-net works better in my bedroom then at my desk. I've placed more on-line ads just to keep it current and on the first page when the craigslist/kijiji personal ads are opened. I never ever though I'd be placing personal ads on the inter-web. But here I am, getting crumbs in my bed, scouring the "missed connections" and " i saw you" sections hoping maybe someone saw me, or is looking to make a connection in a hey-I'm-doing-this-project-too! kind of way. No lonely kiwis please. Unless, of course, this "other" person is kiwi and in fact lonely. But I digress...
"Blogger" is insiting that my photo be placed vertical and I'm done fighting it. So, this the contents of my handy "I am looking for you" bag I got made a couple days ago. I am attempting to be a walking advertisment. Who knows? Maybe mystery person will happen to be walking behind me one day, or spot me drinking lattes at Bean Around The World on Davies St. and make some sort of connection. Mostly it has become a bit of a conversation piece and the more people I talk to the better.
I have been toting around a GPS that has been keeping track of my meandering. It's kind of fun to see how far I've gone, in a Big Brother kind of a way. I am really curious to find out if we ever cross paths without realizing. The tracks are going to be animated once we are done searching. I think it will be a really cool part of the show.
Time for a latte.


No comments:

Post a Comment