Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ground control, we have made contact.

The last two weeks I have been wanting to go to Commercial Drive to do some looking, and mostly because it is awesome. It is one of the farthest neighbourhoods from me so I've been putting it off and putting it off. Until today that is. So I got up early, checked my email and had some breakfast. I was so proud of myself for getting out of the house earlier than usual, which was about 11am. I walked and walked and walked and walked, until I finally got to Commercial Drive. Then I walked some more and put up stickers and chalked up the sidewalks like a mad woman. It was the longest day I've had since I've been here. I figured out the Skytrain and took that home. Walking was out of the question. I got back to my searching head quarters, exhausted, around 6:30pm. Collapsing on to my bed, I checked my email. And there it was. The magical, mystical email I've been waiting for. It's Matthew. My long lost stranger friend. He confirmed it by telling Robin's full name and the day we got here.

(insert chorus of angelic singing here)

I checked craigslist and there (finally!!!) was a posting from him, posted at 9:45am. He must have looked through the older posts and found mine (along with all the nasty ones) because I got an email in my inbox at 10:14am saying it was him and all that jazz.
So, my friends, I would like to point out that this is a case where the early bird does NOT get the worm. Had I been lazy like every other morning and taken my time to lay in bed longer, I would have found the email 8 hours earlier and saved myself from a 20 mile mega city hike.

On that note, WE FOUND EACHOTHER!!!! Woot woot!!!

I have emailed him and am waiting to hear back. Hopefully we will get a hold of eachother tomorrow and meet face to face. Watch for the grand momentous meeting coming soon to a blog near you!

Thank you Gramps for the company!

My happiness expressed through song is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1FHIP4mLxQ

No comments:

Post a Comment