Monday, July 13, 2009

Cyber Stalker? Moi?

I'm getting cyber bullied!!! I checked my Craiglist posting this morning to find not one, not two, but three responses posted blasting me for being a "f**king stalker" and the like. WOW!! The fact that people are actually taking the time to write these long-winded, expletive filled retorts to my posts tells me 3 things:

1. It's working! People are reading it!
2. People have waaaay to much time on their hands if they feel the need to be angry, annoyed and aggressive about something that doesn't concern them and that they have no idea about.
3. I still haven't found the mystery person yet! AHH!!

I really like the comment from someone who says I'm not going to meet anyone online and that I should "get out in the real world, not cyberspace" Yes, true. But then why the hell are you searching through the Craigslist personals? What are you looking for? Why do you care what the hell I do?
Social experiment indeed! It's funny beacuse I have also had some people email me their phone numbers without even knowing if I am woman or a man! I haven't put a single detail about myself on any of the postings. Ahh, the craziness.

Speaking of craziness, I took a couple of walks along East Hastings.... wow...

Today's soundtrack is dedicated to all the crazies out there. You know who you are. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEfDSP4g_U&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. heya,

    i'm one of robin's friends, and (like him) a prolific letter writer. people on craigslist can be jerks! i had a similar experience to yours. a few days ago, i posted this ad to the washington, dc "strictly platonic" board:

    "I will be moving to D.C. for 10 weeks this fall. I would love to hang out with someone semi-regularly while I am there, and in the meantime, we could get to know each other by sending letters through the mail.

    Show me your favourite parts of your city! My favourite hangouts include communal arts-and-craftsing (à la "the science of sleep"), conversing over tea, leisurely walks or bike rides, visiting museums, and (occasionally) watching movies.

    I can't tell you much more - that will have to wait for the first letter I send you!"

    some mean person wrote me back, saying, "Have you ever considered discovering a place by yourself? You seem to be posting an ad to Craig's List, because you will be in DC for ten weeks, and need someone who will be temporarily useful to you."

    when i wrote him back, trying to explain that i was only trying to do something nice and make friends in an introvert's fashion, he told me to hire a tour guide and that i wasn't really making friends but was too stupid to realize that. i'm not sure why people like that even bother replying to ads. i guess jerkdom makes them feel powerful.

    i'm glad you found your new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Thanks for sharing your cyber-bully story! I think there could be a book or a blog or a something about the jerks that feel the need to excrete thier verbal diarrhea on the nice people who are just trying to go about their own business. Seriously. What makes people so angry to take the time to berate someone they don't know? It's shocking really!
    Good luck in DC! There must be a few nice people there...

    ReplyDelete